Oh my

Hey guys...remember me mentioning that we joined The Lakeshore Foundation? For those of you that may not know, the only way that someone can join The Lakeshore Foundation is due to a physical disability or age (senior citizens).
So, one would think that one would not be judged in this environment. One would think.

This story is directed at the people we came in contact with and not the facility in which we are standing. :)

Last night as Addie and I were very impatiently waiting for Julien and Chris, two ladies approached us. When I say they were staring, I mean it. It was a stare that frankly wanted to make me turn and walk away. They are staring at Monkey and asked if she was a girl. Well, let's think about this for just a sec. Monkey has on a two-piece swimsuit. The swim top has multi-colored flowers and a beautifully colored, large pink FLOWER right in the middle of her chest. So as to not seem rude, I made an awkward joke about leaving her bow in the car. Ha-ha. I answer the question, they continue to stare. "So, how old is she?" Still staring. "She is twenty-one-months" I answer. Still staring. "So, can she walk?" "Not yet, but she sure is trying" I answer. They are still staring. Awkward silence. OK, well have a good evening.

I promise you, I try not to be rude to people, but I feel my grace slipping away. We are standing in a facility for people with disabilities and are being stared at.

I just need to pray harder. I'm messing up somewhere and not educating people properly.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...