Give me a little more credit

My dashboard is filling up with all kinds of comments from people.

Some people enjoy criticizing me when I am walking a path you have never been before and if you have, by all means let me know how you are handling life better than I am. Those are the pointers worth sharing for all my readers.

The one comment I did publish is the only one worth responding to because it was an honest question/comment.

I guess sometimes I don't expand upon my thought process quite as much as I should, so let me clear this up.

I would never post a negative comment about someone who has a mental disability. The two nosey women that we encountered were just that - NOSEY. They appeared to be of sound mind but I will admit that my PhD in Psychology is lacking a few credits before completion, so it was nothing more than an educated guess. The bagger at Publix also appeared to be of full mental capacity. The only time that I vent about people is when I know that they knew better than to act the way they did.

Contrary to what someone might think, I have always been sensitive to people with disabilities. Instead of being out with my friends, I volunteered at a nursing home when I was a teenager and was exposed to people of all abilities. I also was brought up not to stare at people and even when the "shoe was on the other foot", I harbored the manners that were drilled into me by a Mother who loved me enough to teach me the difference between right and wrong.

When I vent, I am venting about MY life experiences and how dare anyone try to debate that.

You guys have no idea who I truly am and the true joy I experience every day in my life. This is my therapy. Therapy that I could never get from a support group or a Rx and neither one have a place in my life. I appreciate all the comments that I receive, but before you start giving advice, preface it by saying that you have a child with Microcephaly and each and every day of your life is full of joy and you never encounter someone who treats you or your child with disrespect. You will have my full attention.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...