Endocrinology appointment

This morning was Addie's first appointment with the Endocrinologist. Our wait to be called back was less than five minutes, but overall, we were there for two hours. Ugh

I don't know if Addie's behavior was just her showing her age or if there was another issue, but she was a little MONSTER in the exam room. Never has she acted like that in a physician's office...and we are in one quite a bit. Addie was crawling all over the place, pulling up on everything, laying on the floor...oh wow, was my germ-a-phobe issues kicking in. I told Chris I was trying to find my happy place and at one point, I had him just pick her up and bring her to the sink so that I could wash her hands. Can you see the chill bumps on my arms?

Anyway, Miss Priss decided to continue to have an attitude even when the doctors came in. The first doctor came in to chat and stayed for a considerable amount of time. At one point, my curiosity got the best of me and I had to ask her if they saw any other patients with primary Microcephaly and they do. HIPAA stinks. There wasn't much that she could say. At the end of the conversation, the doctor told me something that just reaffirmed what we already knew, which is that God is in control and my Addie is a miracle!

She said, "Before I came in here, I was reviewing Addie's MRI. I prepared myself to walk into the room and see a child laying in your arms and unresponsive."

I don't know if I will ever be ready to share Addie's MRI, but like I have said before, when you look at the MRI and then look at Addie, nothing fits.

Dr. Moreland came in a little later - after more drama from Addie - and I apologized profusely to both doctors with regards to Addie's behavior. Dr. Moreland advised that although Addie's growth hormone level is low, there is nothing we are going to do at this point. There is no reason to put her through additional testing or treatment unless Addie starts to lose weight or fails to gain. I talked in depth about the future and how the level may or may not affect Addie as she grows.
It was a relief to know that the low level of hormones is not anything that needs to be addressed at this time. I didn't want one more thing piled on.
We go back in six months unless Addie starts losing weight, develops issues with her blood sugar or starts having seizures.

Today Chunky Monkey weighed in at 21 pounds 3 ounces and was 30 1/2 inches tall. 3rd percentile on both.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...