Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A new ornament to adorn our tree this year

I started the tradition when Julien was born, of buying a new cutesy ornament each year for our Christmas tree and when Julien became a toddler; I let him start picking it out himself. Addie will have that opportunity too, but for now...it's all ME! Here is Addie's cutesy ornament for 2008. Can anyone guess why I chose this? I saw it a few weeks a go and immediately brought him home. He has been napping in a bag in the laundry room because I forgot all about him. I brought him out tonight for some fresh air and to introduce him to everyone. I hope my little Monkey likes him...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I think Addie will love it. It is really cute. We have a similar traditon. I do buy an ornament for the kids each year. As they have gotten older I try to buy one that pertains to what they loved or what sport they may have been involved in that year. It is really alot of fun getting them out and look at all of them as they place them on the tree.

Heather said...

I love your sock monkey!!! Do you remember where you got him? When my hubbie and I lived in DC, everyone there thought Brian looked just like a sock monkey...I have got to get one.

My mom had the same tradition...and when we got older I got to have the ornaments for my own tree. It is great. I remember mom pulling out the box of ornaments every year and we would just laugh and tell stories about our ornaments!!! What a great memory! Thanks for your post

Anonymous said...

I know how you love calling Addie Chunky Monkey. I saw this shirt and thought of her.
http://www.lillj.com/p-59-chunky-monkey.aspx
Keep writing your blog the way you do. If people do not like it they can stop reading it. I do not know what you go through daily and could not imagine, but I do see how it is therapy for you to get it all out. Dont change a thing.