In Case You Need Clarification

I was recently having a conversation with someone, talking about the first eight days of Addie's life.


One particular conversation was on the table when I remembered that some people become confused because they like to tell me how Chris and I would have been had we had a neurologist who had our back from day one.


The discussion made me want to clarify - for anyone who might be confused - and for those of you who don't know us.


From 6:00 a.m. on December 31, 2006, I knew that I would push Addie to be everything that she could be.
I knew that Chris and I would love her and protect her and do everything within our power to provide the best for her.
Had we been given a good prognosis for Addie, it would not have lessened our fight for her.
We were fighting for her even before her prognosis was verbalized to us in a crappy little exam room by a frigid intellect.


So, never think for one second that the actions of any doctor ever made us do anything differently for Addie because if you want to see me go from docile to ticked in a matter of a millisecond, dare to tell me that we wouldn't have fought as hard for Addie had we been given a better prognosis.


We have always fought for her and made the decisions we felt were best for her regardless of if a provider agreed with us or not.


I just needed to say that just in case anyone was confused.


I want to make sure we all have a firm understanding and there is not room for individual interpretation, especially considering we are nearing a milestone that we have dreamt about for five years.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...