Soapbox - Part 2

Let me clarify one small thing.

The decisions that I have made to buy natural products for my family was not a result of having Addie and learning of her condition. I have always been a bit crazy about natural products, it's just that over the last few years it has become more important to me than it used to be.


Do I think that anything that I came in contact with, consumed or took during my pregnancy had anything to do with Addie' s condition?

I will always feel as if I am to blame because she grew within me.

Dr. Ness once told me that there was absolutely no way that Addie's condition could be recreated in a lab setting and it wouldn't have mattered what I did during my pregnancy, it wouldn't have caused Addie's condition.

I didn't take medications during my pregnancy, I didn't drink caffeine, I did everything right and to the extreme - even giving up my beloved blue cheese dressing.

The only thing that Addie was bombarded with in the womb was chocolate milk - so much of it that Charlie could have opened a chocolate factory in my esophagus. Not all of it was organic chocolate milk and that drives me crazy to think about it now.

I know that is an insane thought to even have, but having a special needs child makes me a bit more insane than I already was.

I just don't want to look back years from now and regret not giving my children the best of everything that I can and I am grateful for people like The Jonas Family who put forth the effort to help me do that for my children.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...