MythBusters

Let me clear up one tiny little myth.

Somebody said to me recently that, "I know you don't like to be touched". I'm assuming that comment was made because of the time or two or three or four (you get the point) that I have mentioned having a slight issue with germs.

Really, that is where my issue is - with germs - or the people who don't mind having a major infestation of them. The people who don't wash their hands after using public restrooms, pick their noses in public, etc...

BUT, I love people - I am a very affectionate person, despite being incredibly shy. I love giving and getting hugs, kisses and so on and so forth. If there is any hesitation on my part, it is strictly because of me.

Example: I recently was asked by someone if they could give me a hug (oh...yes...you...can...) and the only, ever so slight hesitation on my part was because I was trying to remember just how much of a sweat I broke while walking from my car into the building in the scorching Alabama heat. See...it's not you, it's me. :)

BUT - there is one main Rule (outside of you not being covered in the Hantavirus). If I am on the verge of tears, you may hug me, but you cannot speak to me during or after the hug - because you will make me cry and I am not a crier.

Oh...and before you kiss me, you must have brushed your teeth upon waking that morning.

As for hand shakes, pats on the back, picking up items I've dropped, cutting my hair or removing that piece of lint from my cheek - I would highly prefer that you not have bodily fluid of any kind on your hands.

And...if you need a little more detail - as for any physical exams, lab work or invasive surgery - with or without IV sedation, a good lathering of the hands is highly appreciated....(as well as removing your five carat engagement ring before slicing me open, but that's another post).

So...I hope this clears up all the confusion.

I am not in the military and do not require "permission to hug". In fact, people have become so hyper-sensitive to the threat of offending people, that we don't do a lot that we really should -such as holding a patients hand who desperately needs reassurance.

AND remember...hand sanitizer is your friend. May I recommend Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer - Orange Scented?

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...