Happy 4th Birthday Addie!

December 31, 2010
~~~
Such a special day for us!

I think my Plan B worked out fabulously!
We went into this whole trip with the mindset that we would just "go with it".
We knew that we were going at the busiest time of the year and we knew that we didn't want to be bound by appointments, reservations and restrictions.
We knew that however the trip ended up, would be based on our attitudes, so we just went with it!
I was perfectly fine with ditching our reservations and patching together a birthday party for Addie.
After all, it was what we made of it.
I gave Julien some cash and pointed him in the direction of the balloon guy.


I found a bakery that served sandwiches (think Edgars) and had mini birthday cakes available.
The staff were extremely accommodating, especially on such short notice.



When the cake was brought out to us, the staff member was super sweet and told me that she would be more than happy to ask everyone in the bakery to sing along with us.
(I never noticed the lady that you see on the left hand side of the picture until I was looking through these pictures when we got home.
I have absolutely no idea who she is, but she is in almost every picture - before I cropped her out.
She appears to be having a grand time singing "Happy Birthday"...)
I was so caught up with Addie, that I didn't notice that Addie's "Happy Birthday" song was being sung in several different languages...until my sister told me.
It was really, really neat.


I spared you all the picture right before this one where Addie is crying, on the verge of hysterics.
As soon as everyone started singing, Addie started crying.
What I thought was amazing, is that she leaned forward and tried to blow out the candles while everyone was still singing.
Apparently she thought that if she blew out the candles, the singing would stop!

Candles out, singing over...she's a happy little clam!

I'm surprised Addie didn't come home with a few fractured ribs.
She got so many birthday hugs from all of us!

Not such an Addie-friendly photo, but it perfectly captures her thoughts.
She was done with the singing and the pictures and frankly wanted to just get on with the business of diving into her cake!

Addie saw these in Publix a few days before.
We planned on taking them with us to dinner and using them to decorate her cake.
They ended up just going along for the ride.

When it was all over, I was pleased.
Addie was happy and so were we.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...