Update

My sister was released from the hospital to my complete disbelief.
I didn't think she was ready to go home, but apparently someone that possesses a medical degree was in charge of making that decision.
That same person (with the MD behind their name) that signed the discharge papers somehow managed to fail to send my sister home with the Rx's that she desperately needed.
This meant that the callback from the doctor to request these prescriptions took over seven hours (can you believe that???), which left our family scrambling to get to a local pharmacy to pick up the Rx's before they closed on New Year's Eve.
I have to bite my tongue because I just do not understand how someone can be discharged from the hospital (especially after a tragic situation) and sent home without everything they could possibly need...and on a holiday.
Believe it or not, it wasn't even at the same hospital Monkey was born at (then I could have believed it)...
She came home from the hospital and insisted on coming to Addie's Birthday Party.
She settled into my recliner with a pillow and a blanket and I think she needed the company as much as we needed her with us.
Her grief is something that I cannot fathom and that no one understands.
Grief may be similar in nature, but all grief is unique to the person or people experiencing it.
Our grief continues as we are preparing final arrangements for this coming week.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...