I was sitting in a conference room

last week and all I heard was:

"We just got back from the beach", "are you going to the beach", "we're going to the beach", "you too?", "I guess we all need to get vacation out of the way before....".....blah, blah, blah.


So, as I was diligently paying attention to the details of the meeting, the little wizard in the back of my brain was steadily working on how we too, could go to the beach.


How could we go to the beach with Addie? I knew she would have a fabulous time once we were there, it was the getting there and getting home that was of major concern.


I decided we were going to chance it. I picked up the phone, called Chris and asked if he wanted to head out of town for a long weekend. Where, I wasn't entirely sure...but somewhere.


Next, I took a big gamble and called my fabulous Uncle. I'm sure I've mentioned at least a few times how wonderful my Aunt and Uncle are. How they are two people who have always been available for us and even more so after Addie was born. If we ever need anything, all we have to do is ask and it is incredibly rare that we do. So, I didn't feel guilty when I called my Uncle to find out if they were using their beach house for the few days that I, out of nowhere decided I wanted.


As luck would have it, they were going to the lake for the weekend and we could use their house at the beach!!! We decided on five days just in case all was going well.


Then, all we had to do was pack!

The drive down to the beach went amazingly well. I would personally like to thank Chris Daugherty and Janice Burgess for allowing us to keep our sanity somewhat intact on the way to the beach.


Once we were at the beach, Addie turned into a complete little off the hook Monkey....holy cow, she was excited!!! She went crazy over the water and it took all we had to stop her from swimming with the sharks! She was hilarious!

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...