Thursday, December 13, 2012

Field Trip

Addie went on her second trip to the Children's Theatre yesterday.

When she saw her field trip t-shirt yesterday morning, she immediately asked me, "Choo-Choo?"

I told her that she was right, she did get to ride on the big school bus for her field trip!

Last night, I was trying to ask Addie about her day, and it went something like this:

Me:  "Did you have fun today?"
Chunk:  "Yes!"
Me:  "Did you see the mouse?"
Chunk:  "No."....."Santa!"
Me:  "Oh my goodness!  You saw Santa?!  Did he say, "Ho, Ho, Ho"?"
Chunk:  laughing..."Bye-bye."
Me:  "Santa said bye-bye?"
Chunk:  still laughing..."Yes!"

Those conversations are few and far between, especially when I ask Chunk about her day!

It really, really made my night - she makes me proud!

3 comments:

WicketsMom said...

I went on the trip too with my son. We saw Addie there and she seemed to have a really good time. She is right, Santa was there and he did say bye-bye (among other things)! I took a couple of pictures before the play started, but haven't looked at them yet. I'll forward you one if she is in it, we were across the room from each other.

Jenn said...

That would be wonderful - thank you!

jennohara said...

Many more sweet conversations to come, I'm sure!!