Never Ending Holidays

Addie's gift from my brother and sister didn't arrive on time, so two weeks after Addie's birthday, we finally met up with them for dinner and to get Addie's gift.  

Addie was thrilled to open yet another gift, but couldn't fully appreciate what was inside until the next day when I had time to open the box and put it together.

Addie's other water table has been used and loved for the last 4 1/2 years and it was just time to get a new one.

The funny thing about it is that four years later, Chunk still thinks the table is designed for her to sit in.
She is a mess!
I need to get this child a pool!


The same week, my Christmas gift from my Mother arrived.  
She gave me a gift certificate for a heavenly soft wool rug that I had been drooling over looking at, and by the time I finally got around to buying it, it was the New Year.

Like every other item in my house, it isn't sacred.
Either my children or cats seem to take ownership of everything.
This time, it was Rudy who staked his claim.

He now spends most of his time snuggled into the rug. 
It was blissfully nice to enjoy my rug for the five minutes before my cat tracked down the sheep in my kitchen.


Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...