"Cake"

I  have posted numerous posts talking about how I don't know how much Addie understands and how much she truly doesn't.

I can tell you that if Addie doesn't understand anything else, the child can understand the word "cake".  It honestly didn't take her too long into her life to figure out the word and its meaning.

Since my Mother has been in the hospital, we have been eating out way more than usual.  Our "go to" places have been Jason's, Chick-fil-A, Newk's (by the way, it's owned and operated by our neighbors) and Home Plate Cooking - all good with quick service. 

We like to order from Home Plate Cooking when we know we will be home, but just don't have the time it takes to buy food and cook it and frankly, the food is addicting. 

Kay is the owner.  She is not only an awesome cook and baker, but she is just too sweet.  On the way home last night, I reminded Chris that we needed to go by Kay's and pick up dinner.

From the backseat, Addie's little ears perked up and this is how the conversation went:

Addie looked at me very intently and said, "cake?".
Me:  "No Baby Girl, Mommy said Kay".
Addie:  "Cake?"
Me:  "No Sweet Girl, we have to pick up dinner from Mrs. Kay".
Addie:  "Cake?".
Me:  "No...Sweet Girl, we are having spaghetti for dinner and we are going to pick it up from Mrs. Kay.  We're having spaghetti".
Addie:  "getti?".
Me:  "Yes, Sweet Girl.  Spaghetti".

Addie just sat looking at me.

After arriving at Kay's, Chris handed the bag of food to me and I placed it on my lap, Addie piped up from the backseat and said, "cake?".

Holy Cow. 

So...today we got her a piece of cake.  Courtesy of Joe, not Kay (cake).

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...