Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quick Update on Mom

Mom looks better tonight despite the awful night she experienced last night.  I know I have a few readers with sensitive stomachs, so lets just say that an enormous incision site over the breast bone does not fare well with vomiting.  Yikes.

If all goes well, the doctor will look at Monday or Tuesday as Mom's release date. 

I know that there are so many of you who know my Mother and then there are so many of you who don't.  My Mother is honestly the most loving, giving and caring person that I know.  She would literally give someone the shirt off of her back and would never hesitate to do for or give to whomever she felt needed it.  She is so much nicer than I ever thought about being (I can imagine the number of people out there nodding their heads in agreement) and she just amazes me.  That's why this entire situation is just ridiculous.  She deserves to get better - and soon.

The anesthesiologist and nurse even made a comment as they were taking her back to the O.R. yesterday and told us that even through her pain and misery, she still managed to find humor and smile.

Her heart has always been so soft and so kind....I think it's about time I have a little chat with it and tell it to "man up".  We have too many plans this year and Mom can't miss out - on any of them.

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers, thoughts and concern for Mom.

2 comments:

Granna said...

Jenn,
I have been meaning to comment that I have been praying for your mom, but have failed to post. My husband and I are in New Orleans with my sister-in-law, awaiting her second liver transplant. UAB would not re-list her, so we had to find someone to give us a second chance. She is #1 on the list here and we are hoping at any minute to get the word.
I have a dear friend that had a lot of problems following open heart and most of it came from being sent to a re-hab floor. I will not go into detail, but let me say that her family reached a settlement with the facility, if that gives you any idea as to the poor care they gave. The surgery part was excellent, but once she was sent to the "3rd" floor---oh me! I am so glad you are watching out for your mom.
On a good note, our Addi is in Disneyworld this week and having the time of her life. She has not had a headache in over 4 months.
I keep up with Addie on your blog all the time. I feel like she is one of mine, although we have never met. I sincerely hope you continue to blog her story.
Susan (Granna)

Melanie Sims said...

Jenn I just wanted you to know that I am praying for your mom for total healing. As I am typing this Rich Mullin's song is going through my head... Our God is an Awesome God, He reigns from Heaven above, with wisdom power and love, our God is an awesome God!