In the Words of Sheldon the Great...

"What kind of fresh hell is this?"

Leave it up to my Baby Boy to feel the need to learn this lesson the hard way.

I had warned him, but....

~~~
We got home from a blissful night out on the town.
Julien was in the process of sharpening one of his knives, so before I stepped into the shower, I gently reminded him of the safety rules relating to knife sharpening.

I got out of the shower, had just sat Addie on my bed, all snuggled in her pajamas and ready for bed, when I hear the dreaded, 

"Ooooohhhhhh Mom, Oh no....MOM!!!!!!!"
I grabbed Addie, walked into Julien's room and when I saw him holding his hand in a towel, I turned around, took Addie back in our room with Chris and went back to check on Julien.
There was blood everywhere...the floor (carpet - great!) and all over Julien.
I looked at his finger, wrapped his hand tighter, went back to my room, threw on some clothes and made sure that Julien was ready to go.

As we were pulling out of the garage I asked Julien why on earth he couldn't have sliced his finger open while I was still dressed with make-up on instead of me being thrown together with wet hair and no make-up - CRAP!

When we walked into the E.R., the lady was nice enough to tell us that there was going to be "a wait"...like I had other options at 9:30 at night.

Since Julien was bleeding, we didn't have a long wait in the fungus incrusted waiting room, but the wait itself was incredibly obnoxious and I knew I couldn't get out of this one with just a band-aid and pain meds.

Julien did great, but was understandably nervous about the upcoming shot to numb his finger.
Just as we heard someone in a nearby room start to vomit uncontrollably, the PA walked in to patch Julien up.
I thanked him profusely.



Eight brutal shots of lidocaine later, life was better.


After 4 hours and 3 minutes, we left with one tetanus shot, five stitches, a weeks supply of oral antibiotics and a clearer understanding that not every lesson in life has to be learned the hard way.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...