Why, Why, Why?

We made a quick trip to another pumpkin patch this afternoon.

While Julien was able to go on all the inflatables, Addie had a lot of standing and watching Julien have his turn.

We were at the end of the inflatable maze when a little girl looked at Addie, then looked at me and said,

"She has a small face."

I simply said, "Yes. She does.".

When the little girl walked away, Chris and I both commented about that being the first time (that we can remember) someone saying that Addie had a small face...not a small head.

Well...the little girl just wasn't done.

We moved on to another inflatable and Addie and Julien were both inside when the little girl went inside too.

She was giving Addie a good once over, looking at her very intently.
Julien had stopped jumping and was just sitting and waiting - to see what the little girl would do.

The little girl asked me, "Why does she have a small face?"
and I replied,
"Because that's how God made her. I think she's cute. Do you think she's cute?".
She said, "Yes.".  (...because she is a very smart little girl...)

I could feel Julien staring at me, trying to judge my reaction, when thank goodness it was time for the little girl to leave.

It didn't bother us, it's just interesting to know what goes through the minds of some people when they look at my child.

...we had a great time at the pumpkin patch...and the weather is awesome right now!!!!...pictures coming soon.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...