Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Eighteen-months in the waiting...

This is so hard for me. Tomorrow is the day I have been dreading for eighteen-months. Addie is scheduled for her MRI. I know in my heart that it cannot be any worse emotionally than her first MRI at eight days old. I am much more mentally and emotionally prepared, I don't have all the postpartum hormones interfering with logical thinking, but I am so afraid that something else will be discovered. I am preparing myself for anything.

As most of you know, Addie's first MRI resulted in an incorrect secondary diagnosis that was not revoked for five-months. We also discovered extra fluid around the ventricles and it took a world-renowned expert to give us the final diagnosis. I'm tearing up just writing this...I'm stronger than this and I know I will get through this regardless.

I hope that everyone is on schedule tomorrow. It will be extremely difficult to occupy a hungry eighteen-month old for more than an hour. Unlike the times Addie has been put to sleep for her Eustachian tubes, this time an I.V. is required prior to her sedation. I want this to go as smoothly as possible. I will be with her and we'll get through the toughest part of it. Once she is sedated, it will be a big relief for me.

Chris and I bought Addie a new baby today. A Corolle Baby that she can take with her tomorrow - it's a special baby because this baby can go in the bath and swimming pool with her. I think Addie will just love her (although she is still firmly attached to her baby from our E.D. friends!).

I emailed Dr. Ness today advising her that we could not get in to see her for almost a month. I asked if she could please email us the results from the MRI. We'll see...

6 comments:

Jeremy & Kim said...

Praying for all of you...

Aunt Nonna (Rhonda) said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with our Sweet Baby Girl as always. I can't tell you everything will be okay because we have no way of knowing.

Thinking of you all.
XOXOXO

Melanie, Blake and Alison Sims said...

We will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying.

haley said...

Trey & I will be thinking of you and Addie. Just remember that no matter what the MRI shows, Addie is still Addie-the sweet little girl we all know her to be.

Caroline Willmon said...

I will be thinking of y'all today and saying prayers. I hope everything goes smoothly and everything is ok :)

Anonymous said...

Many prayers and hugs today!

Susan W.