Vacation 2013

Try and try again.

It had been 2 1/2 years, so I thought that surely this time would be different.
It was different, yet still incredibly painful and I think it is going to be the last time that I take Addie on a car ride that lasts so long.

In an effort to save a few thousand dollars on airfare and in an effort to have two vacation destinations, driving seemed to be the way to go.
Granted, it wasn't as awful as our 15 hour car ride last time, but it was still extremely hard on all of us.

Addie - still is not able to travel for that length of time - and I guess because my parents always traveled everywhere with us when we were growing up, I just expected both of my children to be able to do it too.

So, once again, I have a lot to consider in planning for our next vacation.  
However, minus our car issues, we had a great vacation.

Day one was consumed by our trip to Orlando.
We had lots of drama involving public restrooms and I even ended up yelling at a worker at one fast food restaurant - that we cannot stand - because he walked into the restroom after me already telling him it was occupied.
I was one ticked off person.

After all the drama, the only important part was that we made it safely.
Poor Addie, must have asked me once every five minutes, "Where we going?"
and each time I would tell her "Disney World", she would respond by asking me, "Bus?".

I have no idea how she made that connection.

By the time we made it to Orlando, all we wanted to do was shower and go to bed.

Before Chris had the chance to remove the bedspread from the bed, Monkus was right on top of it.
I took the opportunity to take a picture of the headboard - with a lighted fireworks display (that would last for like 20 seconds at a time).
Pretty cool.


I was somewhat proud of myself for getting the princess room for Addie.
I knew it probably didn't matter and I was right.
She couldn't have cared less and I don't think she ever even asked about them.


Our shower curtain drama was drastically minimized at this hotel.
The shower was quite large (you can't tell from the photo) and as long as Addie could keep part of the shower curtain open, we avoided a complete meltdown.
It was lovely.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...