Castillo De San Marcos

I love Saint Augustine - absolutely love it - and it had been too many years since my last visit.

From the Bridge of Lions


to the local wildlife


to the Castillo De San Marcos National Monument


to the lighthouse, we couldn't get enough of the beauty and atmosphere.
It was definitely our kind of beach trip.


Julien and Chris neither one were overly excited when I told them that we had to go see Castillo De San Marcos.
I couldn't blame them, how exciting does touring a fort really sound, unless it gets you out of school for a day...

However, once I got them there, we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Little Chunkus Monkus was firmly seated in her stroller while we toured the top of the fort.
There was nothing but awareness of boundaries and appropriate depth perception that kept anyone from falling


and it would have been quite the fall.


Absolutely impressive.


Monkus did not appreciate our momentary pause for a picture, she wanted out!


Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...