Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ENT update

We took Monkey back to see Dr. Davis today. After her really tough weekend, I didn't expect anything less than what we walked away with.

We changed to antibiotic number four (since December) to hopefully clear up this terrible cough and sinus infection.

We also are being scheduled for a sleep study in March. The nurse will call me soon to give me the exact date. I am not looking forward to it, but it has to be done.

Dr. Davis also brought another little fact to my attention. When "typical" children have their tonsils and adenoids removed, they pretty much see a world of difference - as I did with Julien. With special needs children, it is a completely different ball game. Monkey has a much smaller sinus cavity, mouth, throat, ears, etc...and we have no guarantee that we won't continue to have problems. It is a continuation of our never ending Wait and See World.

So, for now, I will focus on getting Monkey well and put the sleep study to the back of my mind. I'm not going to worry about it until it gets here.

Poor Monkey.


HEWY said...

We're keeping you in our prayers!

Anonymous said...


Did I ever mention to you about Dr. Dennis Pappas, Sr. or his son, Jr.? Sr. is my neurotologist (long story!) and he's lectured all over the world. He has developed many procedures/instruments used in the ENT field. He's located just past St. Vincent's. Call me if you want more info.

Susan W.