Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wish us luck!

My sister emailed me a link earlier this month to Birmingham Parent Magazine. The magazine was conducting a photo contest and one of the categories was "special needs". After a lot of consideration, I decided to enter Addie. The proceeds from the registration fee was donated to Mitchell's Place, so I knew I was helping a great cause if nothing else. I got a phone call on Monday telling me that Addie made it to the final five! We go this Saturday for a photo shoot. I am not 100% sure, but I think at this stage it is a voting process from the readers of the magazine. I am fine if Addie doesn't "win", I am just so proud of her for making it to the finals! It was a great boost for me to know that although Addie is considered a special needs baby, there were people out there who thought she was beautiful enough to make it to the finals in a photo contest! If we make it further than this, I just pray that it is so I can share Addie's story and how God is working miracles through her! Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Who couldn't fall in love with that precious baby. Keep us updated.

aunt cissy said...

Of course she is beautiful enough to be photographed for any magazine. She is an amazing child.

Anonymous said...

Addie has already WON in my eyes.. Tricia

Jeremy & Kim said...

With that beautiful smile I wouldn't expect any less!! Keep us posted, I can't wait to vote!