Mom Update - Four Weeks Later

I don't even know where the last four weeks went. 

 So much has happened, but then, it seems as if it never happened. 
I'm so very far behind - on everything.
There are changes taking place and I don't even have time to catch my breath. 

On top of it all, I thought I had a little cootie bug last week - and had it under control, but by Friday afternoon, it all came crashing down...to the point where I couldn't even make it to my car Friday afternoon.
I slept for 14 hours Friday night and Saturday night and I have no clear memory of the last few days.
I didn't even know that two of the biggest football games in the Northern Hemisphere were taking place. 
My medical degree clearly indicates that I had a flu-like exhaustion cootie bug. 

 I didn't get around to checking on my Mom until late yesterday and that was still a bit foggy, but today, when I saw her at the lake, we were both doing pretty well. 
 Mom isn't able to drive right now, but she is mobile enough to move around her house with supervision and a walker. 

 She looks stronger and healthier every time I see her. 
 The PICC line is in place, with infusions for several more weeks. 
 PT and Home Health are ordered for an unspecified period of time. 

 Four weeks ago, I thought I had lost my Mom. 
 Today, because of a miracle, she was able to sit on the deck at the lake and take in the comfortable afternoon air, chat with family and watch her crazy little dog have her first dip in the lake. 
 I missed my Mom during the weeks she was unable to look at me or talk to me.
It is so good to have her back!

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...