Kitty

The football mascot will come into the stands during the games to "visit".
We have made tremendous progress over the last two seasons with Kitty, to the point where Addie even made contact with the Kitty's paw during one of the games this season.

This past game, Kitty came around with a bucket full of Tootsie Rolls.

I took one for Addie and she seemed quite thrilled.
When she was finished, she started scanning the stands and the field looking for "Kitty" because she apparently wanted "More".

We never did catch back up with Kitty and Addie managed to get through it in one piece.

Today on the way to work, I picked up a bag of Tootsie Rolls, 
(only because the bag caught my eye as I was leaving the cold and flu aisle after stocking up on anything that would provide my husband with any relief).  
I left a few treats in the car and took the rest into work.

When we picked Addie up this afternoon, I handed her a Tootsie Roll.
Her eyes immediately lit up, she had the sweetest little inquisitive smile on her face and she asked me, 

"Kitty?".

The sound of her sweet little voice made me smile and of course, 
I gave Kitty credit for the little treat.

It was worth it, there is nothing like seeing Addie make connections and remember events.

It's the little things that make me so happy.


Addie inspecting Kitty - prior to seeing the bucket full of candy.


~~~
September 13, 2012

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...