Doctor

April 22, 2011

"Doctor"

Unfortunately for my husband, his tee-time was not until lunch time today. 
That meant that he had the pleasure of watching our daughter while I was at the doctor.

Actually, he watched our daughter in the waiting room at the doctors office. 
From start to finish, only forty minutes passed.
Addie was more than occupied by the stickers and coloring sheets that the receptionists bestowed upon her and the hustle and bustle of the waiting room...not to mention all the babies everywhere!

On the way to the doctor, I told Addie where we were going.

She immediately got a very serious look on her face.

98% of the time, when she hears the word "doctor", she knows its for her.

When we pulled into the parking deck, Addie's eyes were glued to the window.
  I imagine she was trying to remember if she had ever been to this doctor before.

Chris turned off the car and Addie's eyes glanced my way and I heard the sweetest little voice ask me, "doctor?".

I explained to Addie that Mommy had to go to the doctor and that Daddy was staying with her.
Once we stepped foot into the waiting room, she latched onto me and pure fear set in.
The receptionists were beyond wonderful and immediately gathered prizes for her and Addie was content to sit on my lap and ask me 212 times, "doctor?".

:)

When I was all finished with "doctor", Addie spotted me at the check out window and her eyes lit up and that sweet little smile brightened her face as soon as she saw that I had retrieved a boo-boo band-aid from my "doctor" to give to her...because boo-boo band-aids are in the top 3 prizes Addie loves to receive.

When Chris and Addie met me back out in the hallway, I took Addie into my arms and she began to look at my hands, my arms, my neck, my face and my hair. 
 She was trying to find my boo-boo - you know the boo-boo that you have when you leave the doctors office. 
Once she realized that I didn't have a boo-boo, her entire body relaxed.

I have added the word "doctor" to my list of things that Addie says that I must capture on video to share.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...