Friday, April 30, 2010

One More Miracle Moment

Moments like these just don't happen.
Moments like these are miracles from GOD.
These moments are possible because of prayers that never cease and because of a GOD that continues to bless our lives.

He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.
Job 9:10

74 hours after Addie was born, we were sitting across from Dr. Dudgeon in the exam room at Greenvale Pediatrics.
I was wearing my maternity jeans, black maternity sweater and black slip on shoes because nothing else fit.
I was without my wedding rings, earrings or make-up.
I was incredibly swollen, in pain and trying desperately to look deep into the eyes of a doctor from whom I needed answers.
We were talking minutes before those fateful words came out of his mouth, the words when he told me that it was "hard enough recovering from having a baby and major surgery, much less having to take care of a special needs baby".
I meant those words and I said them without tears because I somehow knew that those words rang true.
Ten months later, I sat in the parking lot of Hobby Lobby talking on the phone to a beautiful woman who I had never met.
My voice was shaking as I was telling her that we should not use flash when taking Addie's upcoming pictures and that, yes, it would be so special to us if she took a picture of Addie wearing a tutu (because that may be our only opportunity in life for that to happen).
Kim was placed into our lives to be a part of a miracle yet to come.
Tonight, it was Kim that captured that miracle for all the world to see.

9 comments:

Kim said...

It was an amazing evening...thank you so much for letting me be a part of it!! I love you all so much!!!

Nicole said...

A beautiful little ballerina!! I can't wait to see the rest!

Jennifer said...

oh how pretty! dance recital!

Ashley said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! She is such an amazing little girl !

Granna said...

There are tears in my eyes. Oh how beautiful..and how I love this little girl that I have never met! As an educator, let me tell you I have worked with many "special needs" children who have done amazing things in their lives, as I know Addie will, too! She is, and has always been, beautiful!!

jennohara said...

When I found out that Addie was starting ballet it meant SO much to me! I've never even met her, and she holds a special place in my life.
Seeing her overcome obstacles every day gives me so much hope for what Hanna will be able to accomplish one day. You are so beautiful, Addie!

Jenn said...

She is so precious! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

Anonymous said...

She is AMAZING. How proud you must be. All the glory to God. He has used Addie in such a powerful way. How can you look at her and not see God? I always show. May she continue to bring us all joy!!!Tricia

Aunt Nonna (Rhonda) said...

BEAUTIFUL! She looks like a porcelain doll. Sweet Girl, you are AMAZING!

XOXOXO