Every once in a while

I manage to get something right.
Chunk-Chunk and I were at Publix the other day, had just finished checking out when the bagger insisted that she help us to the car.
As the bagger was unloading the car for me, I was busy unbuckling the Chunky Monkey from the shopping cart.
As I lifted Chunk up, she turned to the bagger and said, "ank yuuuu" - which translates to "thank you".
I was just so darned proud!
I didn't have to prompt the little Monkey to say "thank you", she just did it!
Since that time, it doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing, Chunkus manages to know exactly when to say "thank you" without any prompting.
She must have said it 300 times the other night at our local Mexican Restaurant because each and every time our water glasses were refilled and each of the five times she got a new spoon because hers was now gracing the floor below her highchair, she would speak those beautiful little words without any prompting.
In all of her delays and in all of her "typical" toddler behavior, her sweet manners are just shining through!
Wow...it feels good.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...