My Little Poltergeist

What a weekend!
It was one of those weekends where we had everything and nothing going on all at the same time.

Julien was away this weekend and Addie was having a semi-rough weekend.
There is so much that we are thankful for with Addie, but there are moments when it is so frustrating because we want so much to understand everything that she needs and wants.

We have seen progress lately with Addie's vocabulary, most of the progress is in imitation only, although we have seen some spontaneous language.

Tonight, Addie and I took Julien to football practice.
I always talk to Addie and tell her what we are doing even when I don't think she understands. I always tell her that we are "taking Julien to football" or "we are going home" and when we pull into the gargage, I always tell her, "OK Sweet Girl, we're back" or "we're home".

When we walked back into the house tonight, Addie was so excited about our trip to the school and apparently about our trip home because she immediately yelled, "We're back!"!

To realize she made the connection and spontaneously said it was just music to our ears!

It was awesome...

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...