Thursday, May 06, 2010

There is a timid little box

that I find myself hiding in.
I really do try to crawl out of this box from time to time and force myself to find a voice that extends beyond written words.
Today I was honored to have a wonderful opportunity to exercise my verbal skills and to follow the path that God has planned for me.
I was asked to speak and share information about Addie at the Central Alabama Early Intervention Conference.
It was a fabulous opportunity to talk about Addie, to see people that I had not seen in a while and to gather information.
When I say that I am honored for opportunities like this, I truly do mean it.
I enjoy meeting people who spend their days providing different services to individuals with special needs
and
it is so very humbling to know that I am giving a voice to my Sweet Baby Girl.

4 comments:

Jennifer and Michael said...

we appreciated you being there. it was inspriring to hear addie's story!

jennohara said...

I'm so glad you got to do that! What an amazing opportunity to have.

Donna said...

I'm sorry I missed it Jennifer. But I'm so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone in yet one more area.

Sandy Lovell said...

I missed hearing your talk! I was there, but didn't realize you were there and clearly missed your discussion on the schedule. I would have loved to hear you talk. I hope you are asked to do it again and I would love to hear you talk about Addie's Journey.