Happy Birthday Julien!

I just can't believe how quickly the last year went by!
I just can't believe that my baby boy is growing up so fast and that I'm getting older so fast.
I took the day off of work and we spent the day together doing whatever Julien wanted.
We had a fabulous day together and I am reminded of how important it is to treasure each moment, as it seems to be gone before I know it.
I am so very "home sick" for a visit back to Washington.
I keep telling Julien that we will go back and we will as soon as we can.
Airfare for four is not exactly on any Black Friday ads and we can't drive 3000 miles with a screaming Monkey, so I keep waiting for the moment in which it will all fall into place.
It used to be a tiny little hospital with only six birthing suites.
The hospital is still small, housing only two Obstetricians! Can you imagine there only being two OB's in this area?!?
So as another year passes and we celebrate the life of my amazing son, we hold on to the goal of going back to visit a place that is so dear to our hearts.
I can't wait for the day I get to take Julien back to one of the most beautiful places on Earth - as I always called it:


(Picture from Washington Visitor's Bureau)

Deception Pass Bridge connects Whidbey Island to Fidalgo Island (Anacortes).

Other than by boat or aircraft, this is the only way onto or off of the island.
This bridge held many memories for me. One of them being one of the most beautiful places that I have ever fell violently ill in front of complete strangers.
:)
I was so very, very sick morning to night the entire pregnancy with Julien. I literally could not eat anything without it coming back up.
As a reminder of our goal to go back as soon as we can, I have a beautiful picture of snow covered Deception Pass hanging in my living room.
Then, I was paroozing through the real estate ads earlier this year and happened upon this house. This house was a great reprieve to me at a point during my time in Washington. Now if only I could have ten to fifteen of my closest friends agree to go in and buy this house, we could have a little vacation getaway and a memento of some really great memories!
Okay, okay...dreaming way too big at this point, but I'm allowed daydreams every once in a while!
The house has been on the market for a while now and the owners are incredibly nice people, so maybe they would be willing to knock off $2 million or so...

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...