Tonight

I read The Mouse Before Christmas to my children as they lay together beside me in a warm bed.
I tucked each one of them in for the night.
I kissed each one.
I told each one how much I love them.
As I stepped into the hallway, I thought of all of you.
I thought of my family, friends and acquaintances who are spending tonight in hospitals with their children or laying awake listening for the sound of an alert from a monitor or grieving over not having your children to hold.
I thought of all of you and I prayed for you.
In my time of grief and pain, I always remember how you are grieving for your own children - in whatever way that may be.
Wherever you are and whatever circumstances you are facing, may tonight be a night of peace and comfort for you.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...