Run Forrest Run!

It has been an amazingly difficult and awful year.
As thankful as I am for all of the blessings in my life, this is one of those years that I don't ever wish to repeat.
Every aspect of our lives has been impacted in very difficult ways and we are more than ready to move on to a better year in 2011.
On many occasions, I would have loved nothing more than to pack up and run away with my family.
There were many nights that Forrest Gump would pass through my thoughts and all I could think, was "Run Forrest Run!".
Since I am supposed to be this strong person, I stayed put and we continued on.
However, I made the executive decision that we had to have a change of scenery due to two very difficult dates this week - the one year anniversary of my nephews deaths and Addie's Birthday.
When my family came over for the Christmas Eve party, we started out the evening with a party game and when it was over, we announced where we would be going...
which made everyone very, very happy!

We have been asked by several people what our plans are this year for Addie's Birthday.
At this very moment, I have no plans other than to make it a very special day for her.
We are going to take the day as it comes and let my sweet baby enjoy the day.
No stress, no pressure to entertain, just us...together.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...