Fungus x 2

or 3...but who's counting?

Chris is the only one in our house not on antibiotics.
Addie is still trying desperately to recover from the awful ear/sinus infection that she acquired before Thanksgiving.
Julien is feeling much better as he just finished day seven of his antibiotics in preparation for a CT Scan on Monday...yep, right in the middle of all of this holiday cheer, we get to also financially contribute to several different physician's Christmas funds.
Man they're lucky.

Julien is having some major sinus problems, so lucky for us we have an ENT that doesn't want to sit around and wait for a year before deciding to figure out what in the world is going on with my child.

We are non-stop from now until after the first of the NEW YEAR - man oh man, I'm ready for a new one to come my way!

I had to switch around a few appointments next week to make everything fit, but as it turns out we have an appointment every day next week.
I'm tired and it's not even here yet...
AND
I forgot to mention that Addie now has seven therapy appointments each week.
SEVEN.
She so desperately needs each and every one of them and I am so proud of her for the hard work and sweet spirit that is evident at each session.

Also, let me share this little tidbit of information.
I sent Chris an email back on June 16, 2010 titled, "and people wonder why we're stressed".
Of course it was in response to the many times people act like we just lazily sleep away our days and avoid them just for the fun of it - which adds more stress to our lives.

This is what I told him:

"I just did a handy dandy calculation by pulling up Addie’s claims statements.

Since she was born, she has been to a practitioner that was able to file a medical claim – 180 times. That equals out to a rounded number of 4 visits per month since she was born.

If you add in therapy appointments – 381 appointments in all. That equals out to a rounded number of 9 visits per month since she was born.

That doesn't include private pay therapy."


An average of 13 visits per month.
Let me just say that for some people - that is nothing.
I realize there are so many people that have medically fragile children and practically live in the hospital.

For us, it's exhausting, but we wouldn't have it any other way because we know that at the end of the day, we are doing our best to give Addie everything that she needs in order to learn and progress
AND
at the end of the day we know that we have shown Julien that we are doing everything within our power to give his sister a better quality of life and all that he deserves, needs (and most always...wants).

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...