My miracle baby

I have made some amazing friends over the last fifteen-months. They are people that I never would have met had it not been for Addie. I have several dear friends who are medical professionals in one capacity or another. I asked one of them the other day if they had seen any other children with Microcephaly and this was the response:

"We do see children with Microcephaly. It's hard to realize how blessed you really are that Addie is doing so well; it's something you can't understand until you see the child she could have been. In fact, most children with Microcephaly are so profoundly disabled, I'm not sure if they are even aware of their surroundings. They are not able to interact with family, they don't play, they don't smile, they don't speak, they have severe physical limitations, and they don't meet their developmental milestones. Basically, most children with Microcephaly are like having a newborn baby for their entire lives whose body grows but their mentality and physical ability never develops past a few weeks of age. I think this is one of the reasons we were so drawn to Addie, she is truly beating the odds, and she is truly a miracle baby. I've said many times, God has a special plan for Addie, and He will continue to reveal more and more of it everyday."


This is why I say that Addie truly is a miracle! Although, I try to describe our fears and our pain, it is hard to really let people know the prognosis Addie was given and the uncertain future that lies ahead.

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Exodus 15:2

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...