Memorial Day 2012

Yep.
I'm behind.

Way back on Memorial Day, we spent the day at the lake.
The day started off nicely.
The kids were having a great time fishing, playing on the slide, kayaking, paddle boating, swimming and riding on the jet skis.



Action shots!






It was Addie's very first time on a jet ski and she loved it!
Chris drove and Addie sat between us.
She was a little apprehensive at first, but by the time we made it back to the pier, she didn't want to get off and "asked" to go more.


It was really nice to see her enjoy something new!

As the day wore on, all of the kids and some of the adults were having so much fun on the slide that I finally caved in to the pressure of my family and decided to let Addie have a try - despite her protests.

I sat Addie about halfway down the slide and then my sister held onto Addie as I walked over to the side of the pier and received confirmation from my husband and first born that they would catch Addie.

My sister held onto Addie while she slid down the slide and then held her over the side of the pier and dropped her....straight into the water while my husband and first born - watched.

Although Addie had on her Puddle Jumper, she went straight under the water and when she emerged, she was MAD!

So mad in fact, that she never really recovered.
She sat on my lap on the pier - pretty hysterical - and refused to have anything to do with anyone else.

It wasn't but a few minutes later that Julien fell while trying to help a cousin into the paddle boat and managed to seriously bloody up his knee and arm.

Accompany that with Addie's already hysteric state and it was a day ender. 

It was nice while it lasted....

and a huge "Thank You!!!!" to my wonderful aunt for hosting us for the day.

It takes guts and patience to deal with us.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...