Bittersweet

I'm not a crier.
Crying is for sissies.

That's exactly why I couldn't figure out why in the world I burst into tears when Laura sent me this picture today.

Today
is the last day
that the team of therapists and special educator(s) who have worked with Addie since her third birthday
will see her.

I owe a debt of gratitude to Angela, Katherine, Laura and Mandy.
It is impossible not to get attached to someone who has been a part of our lives for the last 869 days - give or take a few.

I had cards for everyone and when I sat down to start writing, the words seemed pointless and borderline cheesy.

How believable would it be to read:

"We wouldn't be where we are without you."
"You changed or lives."
"God placed you in our lives...."
"You have a permanent place in our hearts."
"My gratitude is limitless."

I mean really, it all seemed so cliche.

...but if they only knew how very true it is...

Today was so bittersweet.
It was the end of a very long, sometimes very painful, but always very joyful journey.
It was a journey that was preparing us for the next step.
The journey of taking my little miracle  - my "problem" - and showing this world her value, determination and beautiful soul.
I couldn't have done it without the team that God placed in our lives.

How do I ever thank them?

There is no way. 



In August, we start back with a new team of therapists and special educators and I pray that they are as willing and determined to push Addie to be everything that she can be 
and 
are as full of love and compassion as 
Angela, 
Katherine, 
Laura
 and
 Mandy
 have been.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...