Another Decade....gone.

I can't believe that Chris turned 40.
I know neither one of  us feel "older", yet we catch ourselves talking about "stupid kids" and "when we were your age" topics -which means that we really are adults and are getting older despite how we really see ourselves.

Chris's 40th Birthday celebration with my family took place at our house.
 It was Plan B, but sometimes it's just too difficult to make things work out for Plan A.

Despite our change in plans, I still made Chris wear his honorary big boy birthday shirt.
I just couldn't help myself.


My brother was more than happy to read aloud the card he picked out for Chris.
Yes..we are those people. 
The people who put Thanksgiving Hallmark commercials and special greeting card sentiments to shame.


...a closer look for your viewing pleasure.



All Chris asked for was a turtle cake.
Kay from Home Plate Cooking was happy to fulfill that wish.
The outcome was absolutely delicious!!!!


Somehow the day slipped away without getting pictures with everyone, but I'm sure Chris didn't mind.
He racked up on gifts from my family and even managed to acquire a new set of irons from us and a gift that he will not receive until April 2014.

All in all, not a bad way to celebrate the arrival of a new decade.


Happy 40th Birthday - we love you!

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...