Grace and Tact?

My children get both from me.

The night before my brother left to go back home, we all met for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.
We always end up sitting at the back of the restaurant, the farthest point from the front door and the restrooms.

The restaurant wasn't terribly crowded and Addie was right on target with taking inventory of what everyone was doing.
She's a people watcher. 

My brother had finished his meal and got up to go to the restroom.
Addie got a little concerned and asked, "Uncle Doodie go?".
My brother told her that he was going "potty", and he walked away.

Addie was completely focused on watching him walk away and I'm pretty certain she never took her eyes off the restroom doors while he was gone.

As soon as Addie saw my brother walk out of the restroom, she yelled across the restaurant in her sweetest, loudest, little voice, "Uncle Doodie, potty?".

Not a patron or an employee missed that question.

Not like it's a secret that we all must visit the restroom, but it's not usually announced for entire restaurants to hear, although that would add something a little different to the typical dining experience.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...