My Little Soccer Player

We were at a Field of Angels game last fall when a sign-up sheet on a nearby table caught my attention.
When I gave it a closer look, it was a sign-up sheet for a soccer league that would be new to Central Alabama.
I put my name on the list and waited patiently for more details.
Much to my surprise and delight,everything fell into place and my sweet Baby Girl is now part of a soccer team - for children with special needs, also known as TOPSoccer.
Each child is paired with a buddy who helps them throughout the entire practice/game.
This gives them the opportunity to feel important and special - just as any child should.

On the way to the field this past Sunday, Chris, Julien and I were telling Addie all about her soccer game and how she would meet new friends!
When we arrived at the field, she just took it all in!
When she got her little hands on the bag with her uniform inside, her eyes just lit up!
She immediately tried to take off her shirt so that she could put on her new "Big Girl Soccer outfit".

It took a bit of modification, but we finally got her shorts tied up well enough so they would stay in place.

Addie was all smiles and ready to go! 



Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...