One more little white lie

So, today wasn't a better day.
In fact, it was a day of pure heartbreak.
This year has been very, very difficult because it appears that everywhere we turn, people that we care about are struggling with illness or the death of loved ones.
The year started with us burying my nephews.
As the year has progressed, five people that we know have been diagnosed with one form of cancer or another.
We have had tragedy in our little town time and again with accidental deaths.
Then today, tragedy with somebody who has brought joy into my life for the last six years.
He is a man that never failed to make my days easier and who always took the time to ask me about my children - about Addie.
He called not long ago asking what my children were doing for the summer and we talked about Julien being in Colorado and we talked about how much Addie missed seeing Julien.
He always listened with interest and even laughed at my stupid jokes.
He called again this past Friday for a business call and when I hung up the phone with him, there was something tugging at my heart, but I had no idea what it was...until today.
My heart is just broken and life isn't fair....and HIPAA sucks.
For those of you who know this story, I know you are praying right along with me for this family.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...