THE Dress

It only took three visits and two fashion shows before a dress was chosen for Addie to wear in my brother's wedding.  

It - of course - was a dress that I was "against" during the first visit to the store.
I believe that little girls should dress like little girls and not little women
and although this dress is not too mature looking for Addie, it was not the original style I had in mind.
However, after seeing the dress on the Little Monkey and seeing her eyes light up when she saw herself in the mirror, my mind was quickly changed.
Addie must have tried on over a dozen dresses and when she put this dress on, her overall demeanor changed.
It was a pretty neat experience.
She danced and twirled and looked in the mirror, all the while smiling and laughing.  

During check out, another lady in line asked Addie if she was going to be a flower girl.
Right now, Addie doesn't even know what that means and didn't answer the lady, she only smiled sweetly at her.
I told the lady that Addie was going to be the flower girl and that she was really excited about her new dress.
The lady then looked at Addie and asked her if she was going to be a beautiful princess and Addie responded, "Yes!" and then said, "Dress", in an effort to tell the lady all about her new dress.

Now, I just have to keep the dress out of sight until the wedding 
and
I have to start showing Addie pictures and videos about weddings and the responsibilities of a flower girl.
We have a lot of work to do to try to make this perfect and it will be, as long as we all keep a great sense of humor and a pinch of patience handy.


Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...