Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Let me pause for a moment

I am still trying to update from a week ago.
I just need to take a minute and ask for wishes of peace and comfort to come our way.
Chris and I had an extremely emotional day and apparently I am not my strongest today because I can't seem to get my thoughts and logic back on track.
All is well, just a ton of bricks came down on us today due to evaluation results for our little Monkey.
There were no surprises, but it is one thing to know something, it is another to have what you know written on a piece of paper...might as well have been engraved in concrete for all the world to read.
I thank God for the outcome of this evaluation, but yet I am struggling with the facts that led to the outcome.
Maybe it is lack of sleep that is making it so bad.
Chris and I have so much going on that no one knows about and with the stress of 542 holiday functions that we are attending or hosting, football playoffs, basketball, therapy and appointments (did I mention work?) we don't have time to take a breath before we are on to the next thing, so trying to comprehend those 24 pieces of paper that I carried around with me everywhere I went today trying to find half an hour to read was daunting.
Just please send me your thoughts of encouragement...telepathically.
You guys don't even have to put it in writing for me....

6 comments:

Kim said...

Praying for you all...

Anonymous said...

I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Always remember the very first thing the doctors told you about out little girl. He is in control of her life. I am always praying for your family. Tricia

Julie said...

Praying for you!!! It's always harder on paper... I realized that first hand not too long ago. Words hurt... but God's bigger than those words and He's bigger than anything that anyone can say too.

jennohara said...

Praying for you guys...you're always in my thoughts!

"For every mountain there is a miracle."

Addie has done so well and she's been proving doctors wrong since the day she was born.

"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise"

Jennifer said...

Jenn, Alexa my 16 year old and I have been reading your amazing blog for the last few weeks. She just came into my room and said,"I am going to pray for the little girl with the blonde hair on the blog, what is her name?" I said they call her their little monkey!" So we just logged in to get Addie's official name! Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, God is so much bigger than any ammount of paper and the words on it, and that you are an inspiration and blessing to all of us that read your words...

Anonymous said...

You are on a daily prayer list from me and always have been. I lift your family up to our God who listens and heals.