Written before?

I can't remember if I've written this before, but it has been weighing heavily on my mind. There are moments when I try to make myself picture what Addie would have been like without the Microcephaly. To my delight, I can't imagine her any other way than the way she is. I know in my heart it is because she was never meant to be any other way. I also think that I am one of the luckiest Mothers in the world. I think about the Mothers who have healthy children, but at some point in their lives they are involved in an accident. An accident that takes the child that was born into this world and replaces them with one they hardly even recognize. I am so grateful that I never knew Addie any other way. For me, it would have been more painful to have her born "typical" and then lose that.
About a month ago, I ran into a girl who was in an automobile accident when she was 16. Her Mother was told that she would be in a vegetative state for the rest of her life. Amazingly, she can walk and talk although her balance and speech are greatly affected, but you can carry on a conversation with her just fine! So, I thank God for my children. I have a son that is beautiful inside and out and I have a baby girl who is whole in every since of the word - she is a true angel!

Addie and I braved the crowds and went shopping today. I don't know if it was just the atmosphere of the Christmas Season, but people were so friendly today! Addie's smile is just contagious and people enjoy her beautiful demeanor! We had lunch at Full Moon BBQ (yummy grilled cheese) and as the man at the table in front of us got up to leave; he came over and touched Addie on her arm. He looked at me and said, "My lunch was better because I got the opportunity to see her". I teared up. Thank God for people like him!

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...