11-Months

This is it, the count down to Addie's first birthday. These last 11-months have been a very heart-wrenching time for Chris and Me. I look back and see how far we've come and yet when I look forward, I realize that we have so much left ahead to conquer. I thank God everyday for the blessings that He has bestowed upon me. I thank Him for my children and I thank Him for the opportunity to be Addie's Mother. I am a completely different person than I was this time last year and I would have to say it's for the better.

Addie is amazing! She is trying so hard to accomplish each task that is set out before her. Yesterday morning, I put Addie on the floor in my bedroom with a book. I pushed the button for the music and went into the closet to get dressed. I kept hearing her make an "M' sound and I swear it sounded like "more". I walked to the door of the bedroom and Addie was on all fours trying to reach the button for the music. I'm not officially saying that she said another word (yet), but she sure is trying! Also, just seeing her on all fours is huge! We have been working with Addie, trying to get her mobile in some form or fashion. Addie is drinking from a straw, trying desperately to wave "bye-bye", interacting beautifully with other children and is winning the hearts of all who meet her!

I know that every mother is thankful for their children and especially for the child they have who is healthy and will never face any true physical or mental challenges. I am thankful for having the opportunity to see this world in another light. It is an honor to know "the other side" and to appreciate the beauty of each day, each sound that Addie makes, each movement of her body and each time she looks at me with those heart-stopping blue eyes. This is our journey.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...