Hurtful news

I emailed Dr. Ness (the best neurologist in the world) today to find out if Addie's odds of having seizures were now decreased (or eliminated all together) since her secondary diagnosis was omitted. We were really hoping to be able to buy her new toys with lights and start planning our next trip to Orlando. I don't know why this upset me so much. It isn't anything new, I was just hoping... Addie is watched 24/7, whether it be by us or a video monitor if we leave the room. She does so well, I am petrified of the thought of her having seizures. Please keep her in your prayers.

This was her reply:

"Mrs. Henderson:
I think Addison will still be at risk for seizures because her brain is
abnormally small but hopefully it is lower risk than if she also had pachygyria.
We will just have to see how she does. She could be seizure free even with
pachygyria or have terrible seizures with the mildest form of microcephaly. In
my practice, many of my patients with the worst seizures have normal MRIs...so
you never can tell."

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...