Clap, clap, clap!!!

Before Addie (B.A.), I NEVER cried. It would take something BIG to make me cry...having to board a plane to move to Hawaii when I'm petrified of heights and the thought of crashing into shark infested waters, losing my Dad, having a gun held to my head (two bank robberies), driving cross country with a three-week-old infant during an ice storm on Christmas Eve...you know, those BIG life events. Now, all I have to do is think about all of Addie's accomplishments and I tear up. On September 11, Addie started clapping her hands! Although optimistic, I kept watching her to see if she was intentionally clapping her hands or if she just happened to be bringing her hands together. I asked her daycare providers and therapists, "Is she?" "Does it look like she's clapping her hands?" "Do you think she really is?"...I was afraid it was too good to be true! Well, tonight when we got home there is no doubt about it; she is clap, clap, clapping...at everything! She is so excited and I am just thrilled! Did I tear up? You bet I did! I couldn't be more proud of her! I pray constantly for my children. I pray for the big things and the little things. This was really important to me because it shows me even more how she's thinking and making connections. I am truly the most blessed Mom in the world. I thank God for my children and all that they are! My next small goal for Addie is for her to start waving "bye-bye"... I'll need to keep the Kleenex handy!

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...