Birthday Number Eight

Here we are again.
6:00 a.m. 
Remembering that moment.
Remembering the first glance at her sweet face.
Remembering the fear.
Most importantly, remembering the overwhelming love and immediate need to protect.

Eight years.
Eight years of holding my sweet and precious angel.
Eight years of thanking the heavens above for this gift.
Eight years of trying to make this world see past a diagnosis.
Eight years of tears and frustration, and undeniable love.

Today has always been a difficult day.
Today is more difficult than in years past.
Trying to explain to my precious angel things she cannot comprehend.
Me, remembering the past eight years and the voice of encouragement that I no longer hear.
Today, we will celebrate the life that has brought so much joy to this world.
We will spend the day as we always do - as we see fit - in order to bring joy to Addie.

Today is eight years.

Eight years of you by our sides.
I thank you each and every year, and each and every year I mean it from the bottom of my heart.
We could not do it without your encouragement, support and love.

Happy Birthday to my beautiful, sweet, precious Baby Girl!

Happy New Year to each of you!





Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...