Seven

Seven Years.
Today.

Seven long and very beautiful years.

It's Addie's "Happy Birthday Cupcake Cake Day".
At 6:00 a.m., I kissed her little face and thanked God for this day.

We officially enter year seven.

She makes me want to be a better person.  
I wake up each day, thankful, for this life that I have.
  I cherish each moment, even in the midst of heartache and I focus on how I can enjoy each day.  
Addie has a way about her that pushes me to be more patient, more loving, more driven to focus on the moment.
  She has a way of teaching me to keep my sights focused on the blessings that surround me.




This year, my Little Monkey had more accomplishments than I can recall.  


She learned to say that she was "six".  




Although sometimes, she is "five"



and 
learning that she is "seven" is going to be a challenge.  

She learned to walk down stairs - under the continued supervision of her loving family and caregivers.  


Addie learned the names of her new classmates and lovingly remembers her friends from days past.  


Addie continued to impress me with her associations of people and places.  

She has an amazing way of compartmentalizing events.


Addie learned to say her version of The. Blessing.  


 



She can count past ten.  


Not every color is blue. 


Not all fruit are apples. 





She learned to spell her name.





She lost her first tooth. 


She is learning to ride a bike.


She found her dancing shoes again,



but taught her Daddy that he will remain the only tennis pro in the family.


She was the flower girl in a very special wedding, 


and she learned to open presents like a pro. 



My Little Monkey continues to display her God given gift on a daily basis.
She offers others hope,
she unknowingly educates people on how to see life differently 
and
 most importantly, 
she brings joy to so many people in everyday life.

It is an honor to be the Mother of a child who fills others hearts with love.

Addie struggles in ways that even I don't always realize - 
but her determination to succeed is remarkable.

Today we celebrate the birth of my angel
and 
I try to remain focused on all the joy that this day brings.

Thank you for the last seven years.
For your prayers.
For your support
and 
for loving one of God's most precious angels.

We need you with us this year and each year after.

I cannot wait to see the miracles continue to unfold in this coming year.

Happy New Year to you and your family on the most joyous of 
Happy Birthday Cupcake Cake Days!

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...