Sunday, December 15, 2013

Speechless

It's not often that I don't have a quick reply for most any situation, except when it comes to situations involving Addie.  
I try to be mindful of the fact that not everyone knows how to address sensitive situations (unless you're family and then there is just no excuse).

However, on this occasion it wasn't the typical Addie comment that left Julien and me speechless.

Julien and I took Addie to our favorite grocery store, just not the one closest to home.
Julien was buckling Addie in so she could "drive" the cart, when two middle aged men came up to get their cart.

Misguided stranger:  speaking directly to Addie - "Hi, you are just precious!  Are you helping your Mommy and Daddy shop today?".

Addie: smiled and giggled

Me: "I hope you have a great afternoon"....shudder.....as we moved the cart further away.

Julien and I just stood there looking at each other.

Speechless

1 comments:

Catie.field said...

I feel your pain, my son gets mistaken for my brother, boyfriend, husband etc. all the time. Once in the emergency room the doctor asked me if I wanted to take a moment and call my mom. I looked at her and said "What? Why would I need to do that now??" She replied "For your brother..." Um, no, that would be my son. I have a picture of him on my desk at work and one of my coworkers said my "boyfriend" was hot. Um, that is my son. She was so embarrassed she avoided me for a month then apologized.

We should probably take it as a compliment...but still...ewww!!