Stalker

It was beautiful outside yesterday, so we decided to take the kids to Tannehill. Although, it was perfect outside, I was struggling. No sooner did we get out and start walking, I ran into a Mom and her son who appeared to have moderate-severe mental handicaps. I wanted to talk to her, but couldn't decide what to say. I followed her for quite a while and even opened my mouth to say something at one point, but stopped. She seemed unapproachable and I didn't want to upset her. After "stalking" her for a while, I lost sight of her. I started praying and asked God to please let me see her again because now I knew what I would say to her...if I was meant to talk to her. I never did see her again, which got me even more upset. I didn't know if God was trying to give me a glimpse into the future for Addie or if he was presenting me an opportunity to speak with another Mother (that I passed up) or if I was reading way too much into it all and she just happened to be enjoying the sunshine like we were. Whatever the reason, I was so upset by seeing him. I don't know what the future holds for Addie, but I know that the doctors saying she will have moderate handicaps kills me. I feel in my heart she is going to surpass all odds and will do all things that any other "typical" adult can do ..is God trying to tell me otherwise????

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...