Heart stopping!

I got the phone call today that I have been dreading...
Of all times for this to happen, I was downstairs at work pumping when Anna called. There is very little cell phone reception in the nurse's station, so when I answered the phone, I heard Anna say, "Addie was asleep, woke up and something happened" then the phone went dead. I immediately went out to the desk phone and called back. Anna told me that she thought Addie had a seizure. As I was on my way back up to my desk to get the car keys, I was calling Chris and as I rounded the corner, I saw him. I ran up two flights of stairs (in heels mind you) faster than I could have imagined, grabbed my purse and we were back out the door. I swear it took forever to get to Addie. She was asleep and Anna was holding her when we walked in. I listened to Anna's story again and called Dr. Ness. Addie woke up a few minutes later and was responsive and happy to see us. After calming down, we left and waited for Dr. Ness to call back. Shortly after, Dr. Ness returned my call and feels certain that it wasn't a seizure because it was an isolated incident and Addie was responsive afterward. She told me that we should watch for her to repeat the episode or for it to happen more than once at one time (she said that it sounds like just myoclonic movements- which even occurs in "typical" babies...). She told me that she would be "elated" if Addie never had seizure activity, but wouldn't be surprised if it did happen...we would just have to "wait and see" (go figure). I should feel relieved, but I'm not. I'm petrified. When Addie has so much against her already, it would be so unfair for this to happen. I know GOD has his plan for her and I have to trust him - I do, but that doesn't take away all the fear. Unless you have walked in my shoes, it's so hard to understand that. I don't understand that myself. Chris and I had planned a much- needed morning to ourselves tomorrow and now I just don't know if I can leave her...
Please continue your prayers for my precious baby. I am so blessed that she has exceeded all expectations and I know she will continue to do so. Please also pray for me, please. I need strength. Sometimes, I feel I have all the strength in the world and other times I don't know how I manage...

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...